A Missing Connection by Dani McLean

By Lean and Love �� - March 14, 2023

 


Tittle           A Missing Connection 

Author        Dani McLean

Pub Date    : March 07, 2023

Pages          128

My Rating   


The Summary

They are each other's inner speech. They've never actually met. Two strangers who don't feel seen in each other are the subject of this love story set in a city where anything is conceivable.

Beau His entire existence has been predetermined for Aaron Forrester. He has wealth, status, and power as the single heir to the Forrester empire. But he'd give it all up for someone who desired the man underneath.

April Swan is tired of hearing instructions to calm down. She is perfectly satisfied to remain hidden in her office while using her powerful macros to decipher data. At least she won't let a chart down.

They promise to say whatever they've always desired as long as they never find out who the other is after realizing they can communicate telepathically.

The number of late-night discussions increases rapidly until neither can avoid bringing up the one topic they avoid. But how could the fantasies of the individual they were speaking to ever match up with reality?

My Review

I was really drawn into this book! Honestly, I have no clue that this is the third book in the series, but that didn't change how I understood the plot. It could be read and stood alone.

They didn't find it strange that they can immediately communicate with one another through their minds because apparently magical things happened in the city where the MCs live. Since they can't perceive minds and must speak to communicate with one another, their mind-talking is quite unusual. Yes, you need to approach it with an open mind.

I really like the premise and theme of this book. Although it was short, you could still tell there was a connection between the two. I'll still give it a pass because it was entertaining and had a clever idea, even though the characters may not always be fully realized and the plot may not always be life-altering.

There was still a lot of chemistry between the two personalities. The fact that they fell in love despite never having met is also endearing. It doesn't feel overdone because I'm not a huge fan of the instalove cliché, but it definitely has an instalove vibe.

There is also flavor, which was brilliantly done. I have to confess that the pungent portions surprised me. They definitely caught me off guard, but I was happy to have them because they wonderfully enhanced the plot. It's perfectly alright because I can read it absolutely well.

Overall, I would definitely recommend picking up this delightful novella if you're looking for a sweet relationship with a sprinkling of spice and a thought meet charming. Definitely going to look into the previous series!

I would like to thank Victory Editing NetGalley Co-op and Netgalley for providing me an ARC in exchange for an unbiased review. My views are entirely my own.


My ratings score:

★★★★★ Fantastic! Made me go through a lot of emotions & the entire book is incredibly beautifully done! 

★ Memorable! Despite its shortcomings, this book was incredible and taught us a lot. 

★ Good work! Nothing particularly remarkable, but still nice.

★ Meh... Mediocre with great room for improvement.

★ Extremely Poor.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This is such a pretty cover OMG, I just recently got into romance as someone who was NEVER into it before so I have a huge curb of books to check out. This gives me a nice place to start. It reminds me of a kdrama I just watched on netflix.

    If you have time, check out my blog. https://paperwitches.blogspot.com/ <3

    ReplyDelete