Once Upon A Broken Heart (Once Upon A Broken Heart #1) by Stephanie Garber

By Lean and Love �� - March 01, 2023



Tittle           Once Upon A Broken Heart (Once Upon A Broken Heart #1)

Author        Stephanie Garber

Pub Date    : September 28, 2021

Pages          416

My Rating   


The Summary

Evangeline Fox has always believed in true love and happy endings, but that changed when she found out that the passion of her life is getting married.

Evangeline makes a bargain with the charming but evil Prince of Hearts out of desperation to avert the wedding and mend her broken heart. He offers his assistance in return for three kisses that will be provided whenever and wherever he chooses.

However, after receiving the first guaranteed kiss, Evangeline realizes that haggling with an immortal is risky business and that the Prince of Hearts requires much more of her than she originally agreed to. Evangeline is the subject of plans he has for her, plans that could result in either the best happily ever after or the most exquisite catastrophe.

My Review

Although I didn't love it, I thought this was okay. I was aware beforehand that the beginning would be very slow. This is a little underwhelming when compared to the Caraval series, but I'm not sure if that's because I'm in a reading slump.

In my opinion, this book raised a lot more questions than it did answers. When books do that, especially the first one where it seems like the only purpose is to build up sequels, I really don't like it. I had some difficulty understanding the storyline and the characters.

The book's plot is disorganized and illogical. The plot is largely uninteresting with only a few truly interesting scenes, despite the meager amount of "action" that occurs. The plot didn't startle me, and some of the turns were a little too foreshadowable.

All of the characters are so dreadfully awful, ugh. The characters, in my opinion, need to develop more. Evangeline is the main character, who is rather uninteresting and naive despite the fact that it is clear that she is surrounded by assholes. Jacks was just eh for me, and I couldn't think of any convincing reasons to like him. In this book, I had a lot of trouble with his character.

The first few chapters are the only parts of this book that truly live up to the premise. Their vivid descriptions pulled me in right away. The rest of the stars were lost due to the tedious narration, the embarrassing conversation, the enigmatic subplots, and a relationship that pretended to be moving but was just flat.

It was genuinely wonderful to be back and to see some beloved, recognizable characters. Sadly, I wanted them to leave the page as soon as possible so that their characters wouldn't be destroyed. It has a great deal of potential to be a successful sequel if done correctly.

I'm convinced that, overall, I'm not the target audience for this book. On the following one, I'll see if I'll give it another go.


My ratings score:

★★★★★ Fantastic! Made me go through a lot of emotions & the entire book is incredibly beautifully done! 

★ Memorable! Despite its shortcomings, this book was incredible and taught us a lot. 

★ Good work! Nothing particularly remarkable, but still nice.

★ Meh... Mediocre with great room for improvement.

★ Extremely Poor.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments