Sorcery of Thorns (Sorcery of Thorns #1) by Margaret Rogerson

By Lean and Love �� - February 27, 2023

 


Tittle           Sorcery of Thorns (Sorcery of Thorns #1)

Author        Margaret Rogerson

Pub Date    : June 04, 2019

Pages          457

My Rating   


The Summary

For as long as she can recall, Elisabeth has been aware of that. Elisabeth was raised among magical grimoires that, when provoked, change into hideous ink and leather monsters in one of Austermeer's Great Libraries.

Elisabeth is held accountable for the deadly grimoire's release from the library. She finds herself caught up in a long-standing plot with no one to turn to but her sworn foe, the sorcerer Nathaniel Thorn. Elisabeth begins to doubt all of the things she has been taught as her relationship with Nathaniel becomes more solidified. Elisabeth possesses a strength that she never would have believed possible.

My Review

Yet another fave! It was really beautiful. I really enjoyed reading this story and found it to be very entertaining. Sorcery of Thorns frequently hits readers right in the feels while also managing to be totally silly, playful, and hilarious.

This book has a very professional appearance, despite the fact that there aren't any in-depth parts that describe every aspect of the world. With the help of the details thrown in here and there, the reader can piece together the world as a crossword, and the outcome is more than gratifying.

I have no idea why, but it seems like I've been looking for a story about a person who lives in a library and has a number of adventures while being protected by enchanted books. The fact that all those amazing, bookworm-like features can coexist with some dark elements like evil spirit conjuring simply adds a refreshing, faint air to the overall ambiance of the book.

This story is perfect for such a remarkable character. The protagonist Elisabeth was such a strong person. I loved how she interacted with Nathaniel and Silas and thought she was an absolute badass. She reads a lot and is bright. possesses such a potent combination of keen sensitivity and worn wit. I also liked Elisabeth's edge; it's a sharpness of rage and determination that paves the way for an incredibly moving journey of identity.

In contrast, Nathanial Thorn is well-off, attractive, and troubled by his dark past. Not to mention that he attracts both men and women, is seductive, and exhibits a variety of social graces that give the impression that he is attractive and enticing. The ultimate fantasy picture for young adults. damn! He is really, really exceptional!

Silas should not be overlooked either! For a demon like Silas, I would die. He is too cute. Although he is truly a savage, mindless, and narcissistic being, he has the appearance of a cute, furry kitten. He was so mysterious, but he also treated Nathaniel and Elisabeth with respect. such a sweet personality. For a friend like Silas, I would give my life.

This tale has the most perfect sense of balance, and I really couldn't have asked for anything more. Even on its own, the gameplay is superb. It moves well, and it's interesting to see how different ideas are put into practice and how they turn out. The plot's fast-paced action is countered by a moving narrative and meaningful scenes. The entrancing enchantment is also made more alluring by the characters' personal growth and development.

Oh, and I can't skip the opportunity to emphasize the romance! not between enemies and friends. It grows in the most exquisite, natural way possible and burns somewhat slowly but not really. I liked seeing Elisabeth and Nathaniel realize they couldn't have endured this adventure alone as their friendship grew as they gained each other's confidence. The only thing I wanted to do was scream as loud as I could!

I'm actually very pleased with this book. It makes me feel so good and takes me back to that time that it almost feels like it's reawakening my childhood fantasy. In essence, the story perfectly conveys what I had in mind.

I would strongly recommend! This story is perfect for readers who enjoy magic and fiction, and I wouldn't have it any other way.


My ratings score:

★★★★★ Fantastic! Made me go through a lot of emotions & the entire book is incredibly beautifully done! 

★ Memorable! Despite its shortcomings, this book was incredible and taught us a lot. 

★ Good work! Nothing particularly remarkable, but still nice.

★ Meh... Mediocre with great room for improvement.

★ Extremely Poor.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments