These Hollow Vows (These Hollow Vows #1) by Lexi Ryan

By Lean and Love �� - February 26, 2023

 


Tittle           These Hollow Vows (These Hollow Vows #1)

Author        Lexi Ryan

Pub Date    : July 20, 2021

Pages          448

My Rating   


The Summary

Brie despises the Fae and won't associate with them in any way, even if it means going hungry on the streets. But when her sister is given to the cruel ruler of the Unseelie court as payment for a debt, she will stop at nothing to get her back, even agreeing with him to steal three magical artifacts from the Seelie court.

Accessing the Seelie court without restriction is much simpler said than done. Brie's only option is to pretend to be Prince Ronan's prospective bride, and she quickly starts to feel for him. She takes assistance from a group of misfit Unseelie characters with their own hidden agenda because she refuses to let her heart get in the way. As Brie spends time with their enigmatic commander, Finn, she finds it difficult to resist his allure.

Brie is forced to make a loyalty decision while being caught between two potentially dangerous judges. also with her spirit.

My Review

This series has me totally hooked! I was immediately captivated by the book. Is there anything new or unique about this? No, but it was enjoyable to read as it stored some of my best tropes. I can't help it, but I like reading books with faerie, secrets, and a traditional love quadrangle.

I couldn't put the book down as the plot deepened. The writing occasionally became hazy, but the world building wasn't difficult. The magic formula did a great job of allowing easy understanding. The plot seems simple at first, but there are a lot of unexpected turns and surprises that keep you on the edge of your seat.

The characters are pleasant but not especially special. It was still entirely formed. I don't think the three MCs really fit the villain stereotype because they are all good individuals. But they're also completely self-centered, which I love.

The romantic pursuits were really well written. occasionally a bit too childish, but it works with the story. While corny, it wasn't excessively so. Sadly, the love triangle wasn't as prominent as I had hoped, but I'm expecting we'll see more of it in the sequel.

It is not a bad book overall, but there are moments when it lapses into cliché. Even though I still really enjoy this book, I can totally understand if other people didn't feel the same way. These Hollow Vows wasn't especially original, but I found myself drawn in because I like almost all of the tropes it uses.

If you enjoy young adult fantasy romance with a respectable love triangle and Fae, this book is PERFECT for you!


My ratings score:

★★★★★ Fantastic! Made me go through a lot of emotions & the entire book is incredibly beautifully done! 

★ Memorable! Despite its shortcomings, this book was incredible and taught us a lot. 

★ Good work! Nothing particularly remarkable, but still nice.

★ Meh... Mediocre with great room for improvement.

★ Extremely Poor.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments