Where The Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens

By Lean and Love �� - January 06, 2023

 


Tittle           Where The Crawdads Sing

Author        Delia Owens

Pub Date    : August 14, 2018

Pages          384

My Rating   DNF (Did Not Finish Read)


The Summary

Barkley Cove, a little village on the coast of North Carolina, has been plagued by tales of the "Marsh Girl" for years. Thus, when attractive Chase Andrews is discovered murdered in late 1969, Kya Clark, the rumored Marsh Girl, is quickly suspected by the townsfolk. Kya, however, is not who they claim. She has spent years surviving alone in the marsh she calls home. Sensitive and intelligent, she has found companions in the gulls and lessons in the sand. Then comes the period when she longs to be cherished and stroked. Kya opens herself up to a new life when two young guys from the town are drawn to her wild beauty—until the unimaginable occurs.

My Review

If you've been following me for a long, you undoubtedly know that I can read a book all the way through even if I don't like it, but I'm sorry to say that I'm giving up on this one. Likewise, please don't take it personally if my review varies from yours.

To be entirely honest, I struggled to understand anything that happened for almost half of the book. Even if I can still make sense of it if we look at each scenario separately, it appears that the story just blends all of the possibilities, which leaves me utterly perplexed.

Did it also have an abundance of natural analogies, descriptions, and other things? On one page, there were numerous scientific information about various objects, including plants, animals, insects, and other things. Even while there are points when I especially like the tone of the book, I just don't like overly descriptive writing. Of course, poems follow. I choose to disregard them both.

I'm also not sure what genre to put this book in. Romance? YA? A courtroom drama? a murder mystery? From my vantage point, I don't feel much of a narrative, mystery, or romance.

I'm sorry that generally, this didn't work out for me. I was hoping it would, but it didn't.


My ratings score:

★★★★★ Fantastic! Made me go through a lot of emotions & the entire book is incredibly beautifully done! 

★ Memorable! Despite its shortcomings, this book was incredible and taught us a lot. 

★ Good work! Nothing particularly remarkable, but still nice.

★ Meh... Mediocre with great room for improvement.

★ Extremely Poor.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments