Christmas After All (Happily Ever After All 1#) by Cece Louise

By Lean and Love �� - December 09, 2022

 


Tittle           Christmas After All (Happily Ever After All 1#)

Author        Cece Louise

Pub Date    : November 08, 2022

Pages          216

My Rating   


The Summary

Melissa

Only Tucker James, the musician who composed a song about me after I rejected him in high school, makes me detest something more than Christmas.

He rose to fame. I earned notoriety.

This Christmas is shaping up to be one of the worst because Tucker will be returning to the area to perform at the yearly winter festival. Everyone in Halften is a fan of the country music icon who made our town famous.

everyone besides me

Tucker

I once wrote a song about the lady I had a crush on in high school that wasn't quite flattering.

It turned become my first hit at number one. This made her the target of ridicule in our community.

Now that I'm back in Halften, it's very obvious that Melissa Ellis wants nothing more than for me to leave her life for the holidays.

It will take a miracle for either of us to survive this holiday season uninjured, though, in a town this tiny.

My Review

This book has a second chance romance vibe and is written from two different points of view. This story of two people was so amazing and inspiring.

The setting and primary characters are introduced in the story's prologue. I appreciated that we experienced the entire scene rather than having a flashback to it later in the novel. It felt like a true beginning, and I was immediately sucked in. I could tell from the beginning of the story that it would be heartwarming. It provided in spades.

This story has a solid supporting cast and delightful small-town characters. The author did a fantastic job of keeping the characters' realism. Though the circumstances and timing of events were fortuitous, the characters' responses were more realistic than what we typically witness in these romances. The events were handled well enough for everyone to accept them, with the exception of a few minor details that appeared slightly odd.

The short running duration hinders character development somewhat, but it's still lighthearted, fluffy, and ideal for this time of year. This book was wonderful to read in advance of the Christmas season.

If you're just starting to create your holiday reading list or have one already, pick up this book. What a charming Christmas story!

I was given a free copy of this book by the author via BookSirens. All of my opinions are mine.


My ratings score:

★★★★★ Fantastic! Made me go through a lot of emotions & the entire book is incredibly beautifully done! 

★ Memorable! Despite its shortcomings, this book was incredible and taught us a lot. 

★ Good work! Nothing particularly remarkable, but still nice.

★ Meh... Mediocre with great room for improvement.

★ Extremely Poor.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments