Cupid For Hire (Cupid #1) by Lila Monroe

By Lean and Love �� - December 25, 2022

 


Tittle           Cupid For Hire (Cupid #1)

Author        Lila Monroe

Pub Date    : July 16, 2019

Pages          251

My Rating   


The Summary

Anyone can fall in love with her...

Poppy Hathaway works as a paid Cupid. Need a passionate letter of love, a racy sext, or an epic apology so that your significant other will forgive you for taking too long to inquire, "Is my cousin hot?" She will take care of you. But when Dylan Griffin, her most persistent bachelor client, approaches her with a significant new job, Poppy learns that three simple words can add up to a significant difficulty.

He has his sights set on the incorrect goal.

Dylan refuses assistance in courting a different bikini model (for once in his life). He needs Poppy's assistance to win over his high school crush, and he's willing to pay for it. When this Cupid adds a summertime trip to the Catskills that is equal parts "Dirty Dancing" and dirty conversation, she quickly finds herself out of her element and head over heels with the last man she imagined. But when it comes to her own emotions, can she find the appropriate words? Will this happily-ever-after actually be more of a disastrous romance?

My Review

I had a hard time putting this book down since it was so cheery, entertaining, and funny. The primary characters' smart banter and sense of humor were excellent. I was intrigued from the first page and found myself smiling as I flipped the pages.

Both separately and especially when they were together, I adored Poppy and Dylan. These two connected with me in some way. They were so likable and relatable that reading about them was enjoyable.

Poppy and Dylan had the ideal relationship. They were very attractive and had such wonderful chemistry. He was the perfect fusion of seductive, sweet, and dashing, while she was the perfect mix of beauty, wit, and natural goodness. They looked great together!

The dynamics between the main characters changed from an annoying "employer-employee" relationship to a warm, amusing friendship before they spent some time together getting to know one another and discovering there is something more intriguing beneath the surface. I absolutely loved how the plot progressed and how the main characters' relationships changed. The book has just the right amount of angst, never too much and it works well with the story and these characters.

I would enjoy watching it if it were made into a movie because this story read so hot!! This book surprised me in a good way, and I'm pleased I read it. I've read a lot of romantic comedies this year, but this one is the finest!

Undoubtedly inspiring and perfect reading for the new year, it! Another great book to read to overcome the reading slump :).


My ratings score:

★★★★★ Fantastic! Made me go through a lot of emotions & the entire book is incredibly beautifully done! 

★ Memorable! Despite its shortcomings, this book was incredible and taught us a lot. 

★ Good work! Nothing particularly remarkable, but still nice.

★ Meh... Mediocre with great room for improvement.

★ Extremely Poor.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments