Book Lovers by Emily Henry

By Lean and Love �� - July 31, 2022

 


Tittle           Book Lovers

Author        Emily Henry

Pub Date    : May 03, 2022

Pages          377

My Rating   ★★


The Summary

Nora represents authors by marketing unfinished books. She'll negotiate for them the best contract attainable. Her private life is written like a rom-com. absence of romance. Her previous romances ended with the men leaving New York to live a TV movie life with someone else.

The editor of books is Charlie. Nora and he originally met in New York, where their romance had a rather antagonistic beginning. Charlie and Nora eventually collaborate while Nora is on vacation in Sunshine Falls, North Carolina, where compromise is the word of the game.

Charlie and Nora are repeatedly brought together in a series of coincidences that no editor worth their salt would permit and while Charlie is aware that he is nobody's hero and Nora is aware that she is not the ideal heroine, what they learn may just tear apart the carefully constructed stories they have written about themselves.

My Review

Immediately following People We Meet on Vacation, I read Emily Henry's second book. This is far superior to the last one, in my opinion.

Again, I'm not sure if I fit her target audience or perhaps I truly don't? Everything in this book, in my opinion, is perfectly fine. I was more interested on her friendship with her sister Libby than her relationship with Charlie. I think this book centers more on the sister, thus Charlie doesn't really strike me as the male lead.

In her two books, which I read for myself, the main characters are identical. While the man is merely present, the female is incredibly bothersome. So it stands to reason that you can probably guess what I want to say. Nevertheless, I still think it's worth a shot to read one of her future books, notably Beach Read, which everyone agrees is her best work.

Last but not least, I found it easy to read and it wasn't terrible. This book is a standard romance, although there aren't many surprises.


My ratings score:

★★★★★ Fantastic! Made me go through a lot of emotions & the entire book is incredibly beautifully done! 

★ Memorable! Despite its shortcomings, this book was incredible and taught us a lot. 

★ Good work! Nothing particularly remarkable, but still nice.

★ Meh... Mediocre with great room for improvement.

★ Extremely Poor.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments