People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry

By Lean and Love �� - July 27, 2022



Tittle           People We Meet on Vacation

Author        Emily Henry

Pub Date    : May 11, 2021

Pages          384

My Rating   ★★


The Summary

Poppy and Alex. They are unrelated to one another. He's dressed in khakis, she's a wild child. He would rather stay at home with a book whereas she has an unquenchable wanderlust. They've been the best of friends ever since some tragic vehicle sharing on the way home from college many years ago. While she lives in New York City and he in their little hamlet for the majority of the year, they have spent one wonderful week of vacation every summer for the past ten years.

Up until they wrecked everything two years ago. Since then, they haven't spoken.

Poppy is in a rut despite having everything she should want. She is certain that the tragic, last trip she took with Alex was the last time she felt completely content. She therefore makes the decision to persuade her closest friend to go on one more vacation with her in an effort to put everything on the table and make everything okay. Amazingly, he consents.

She now has a week to make everything right. If only she can avoid the one major reality that has silently persisted throughout their ostensibly ideal relationship. What possibly could go wrong?

My Review

With a setting of vacation, summer, and a sandy white beach, it begins with a normal buddies to lover and reconcile type but regrettably it didn't work for me this time.

Every page of the book irritates me because I find Poppy to be over the top. As for Alex, I do feel sorry for him because Poppy constantly tries to jerk him, but he isn't any better even though he is on the calmer side.

The duo would actually be a great fit and have a lot of character growth potential, but instead we concentrate more on their vacation and superfluous past, some of which I think should be left out. And certainly, the pace is slow.

Overall, I adore the setting idea of this book and could connect to some of the situations, such as when you are under stress at work due to a personal issue, desire to run freely, and are thrilled about a vacation. However, unlike the main characters, I was unable to carry myself along with me.

Everyone, in my opinion, has a very unique and particular romantic ideal, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Thus, there will occasionally be a wide range of tastes, especially in the romance genre, but this does not lessen the story's significance.

However, at this time, I truly couldn't adore the book as much as I had initially hoped to.


My ratings score:

★★★★★ Fantastic! Made me go through a lot of emotions & the entire book is incredibly beautifully done! 

★ Memorable! Despite its shortcomings, this book was incredible and taught us a lot. 

★ Good work! Nothing particularly remarkable, but still nice.

★ Meh... Mediocre with great room for improvement.

★ Extremely Poor.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments