Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston

By Lean and Love �� - July 29, 2022

 


Tittle           Red, White & Royal Blue

Author        Casey McQuiston

Pub Date    : May 14, 2019

Pages          448

My Rating   ★★


The Summary

Alex Claremont-Diaz was immediately cast as the American version of a young royal after his mother was elected president. His image is pure millennial marketing gold for the White House. He is handsome, personable, and smart. There is only one issue: Alex is at odds with Henry, the real prince, who lives across the pond. And when a photo of an Alex-Henry altercation is obtained by the tabloids, American and British ties deteriorate.

The leaders of the family, the state, and other handlers come up with a strategy for damage control that involves arranging a truce between the two enemies. What starts off as a staged, Instagrammable friendship develops into something deeper and riskier than either Alex or Henry could have anticipated. Soon after, Alex finds himself falling headlong into a secret relationship with Henry, who is shockingly unpretentious. This relationship has the potential to ruin the campaign, upend two countries, and raise the question of whether love really can rescue the world. Where do we get the strength and bravery to be who we were meant to be? And how can we develop the ability to show our true colors?

My Review

First of all, I don't mind at all if this narrative turns out to be about a cute relationship between a politician and an attractive person of the same gender. But I was completely mistaken, and I'm probably one of many people who can't handle story.

Another book that I feel let down by due of the anticipation is this one.

The characters in this story are quite numerous and have such long names that I find it difficult to tell who they are. If you are unfamiliar with the political and monarchical histories, it can be extremely complicated.

Some of the politics around here are so pushed that I eventually think, "Okay, I get it, this is enough." As someone who is interested in politics and history, it can irritate me a little bit when I find myself stating, "I would rather read current head news" most of the time.

The attraction of love they have a lot of promise and room to grow as characters, thus I hope they could act more maturely rather than just being described as having a hot body.

Overall, I won't deny that I have many complaints and that the book didn't appeal to me, but I still appreciate it for the genre that the author tried to introduce. If only the story could live up to the anticipation.


My ratings score:

★★★★★ Fantastic! Made me go through a lot of emotions & the entire book is incredibly beautifully done! 

★ Memorable! Despite its shortcomings, this book was incredible and taught us a lot. 

★ Good work! Nothing particularly remarkable, but still nice.

★ Meh... Mediocre with great room for improvement.

★ Extremely Poor.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments