One Night With You by Laura Jane Williams

By Lean and Love �� - October 02, 2022

 


Tittle           One Night With You

Author        Laura Jane Williams

Pub Date    : August 09, 2022

Pages          400

My Rating   


The Summary

His first evening in London. And finally, she

Ruby departs from London. She isn't specifically fleeing her ex, but a fantastic opportunity in a new city has presented itself just in time.

Nic will relocate to London. He's eager to see where city life might take him after a nasty breakup.

It is immediately apparent that this may be the beginning of something wonderful when a chance encounter brings the two of them together for just one night. She is going, and he is just arrived, which presents an issue. So they won't cross paths again after tonight, or will they?

My Review

Sadly, the middle of the book was disorganized, despite how much I like the opening few pages.

Because there wasn't much occurring and the pace was slow, I kept becoming bored. This book, in my view, featured far too much dialogue that wasn't necessary. Being so disorganized and scattered, I found it challenging to remain interested in what was happening.

As the book progressed, the story lost focus on its primary goal due to the convoluted plot. It is complicated by numerous narratives and clichés.

There were a lot of characters, and I had a hard time connecting with any of them, especially Ruby. She occasionally came out as selfish, much like her friend Candice, and her persona didn't set well with me, even though I totally advocate seeking happiness on your own. Only JP stood out. But his involvement was little at that moment.

Nic was idealistically flawless, and I believed that of all of them, he had the most significant character development, particularly in the wake of the couple's significant incident.

Most I didn't care for either of the main characters in a way that made me want them to get together, and I thought a lot of their interactions were unbelievable. I'll be honest, neither looked likely.

But because of the author's informal writing style, I did like how she dealt with issues like bereavement, parenting, pansexuality, and homosexuality. The friendships they made along the way are equally enjoyable, and my favorite element of this book is the subplot of JP hunting for his long-lost love. JP was such a lovely character, so I really enjoyed his moments.

However, given that this novel was intended to be about two individuals meeting one fateful evening and deciding if they would become something more than that, the fact that the majority of the book wasn't wholly committed to that felt like quite the letdown.

Simply said, I was not impressed at all with this.


My ratings score:

★★★★★ Fantastic! Made me go through a lot of emotions & the entire book is incredibly beautifully done! 

★ Memorable! Despite its shortcomings, this book was incredible and taught us a lot. 

★ Good work! Nothing particularly remarkable, but still nice.

★ Meh... Mediocre with great room for improvement.

★ Extremely Poor.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments