Heart of The Sun Warrior (The Celestial Kingdom #2) by Sue Lynn Tan

By Lean and Love �� - November 27, 2022

 


Tittle           Heart of The Sun Warrior (The Celestial Kingdom #2)

Author        Sue Lynn Tan

Pub Date    : November 10, 2022

Pages          480

My Rating   


The Summary

Following her victory over the Celestial Emperor to release her mother, Xingyin flourishes in the entrancing serenity of her home. However, the discovery of a new magic on the moon and the unsettling developments in the Celestial Kingdom as the emperor tightens his hold on power threaten her delicate tranquility. Despite Xingyin's resolve to avoid the escalating threat, she is propelled into a risky confrontation by the learning of a startling reality.

After being forced to leave her home once more, Xingyin and her allies go to the Immortal Realm's uncharted regions where they come across mythical monsters and cunning kings, as well as dear friends and ferocious foes. Alliances are changing faster than the tides, so Xingyin must get past old animosities to establish a new route forward and look for help in unexpected places. In order to rise against this evil before it destroys everything she holds dear and the worlds she has grown to love, even if doing so requires the highest price of all, Xingyin must unearth the truth of her heart and claw her way through destruction.

My Review

The second novel is not as well written as the first, but there are still some thrilling sequences since Xingyin's recently acquired freedom is in jeopardy. This was probably one of my most anticipated reads of the year, even though I'll admit it wasn't quite as beloved as the prior book.

Clearly said, the world and Sue Lynn's art have taken over my existence. Reading her works is a truly great experience since you are constantly in awe of how cleverly she constructs her sentences. The descriptions of the various sites used such beautiful and rich imagery.

What exactly about the second series is making me feel a little down?

Love triangles are just not really my thing. I mean, I don't mind, but it seemed to be attempting to convey that story all by itself. The remainder appeared to be extraneous. The author's decision to add more books to this series almost looked random.

So yeah, I don't think the characters actually grow as much as I'd like them to, or maybe I have too high of expectations? I still love them all, but the lads in especially seemed to have very little opportunity to prove their worth outside of Xingyin because they seemed to be so preoccupied with being in love.

There were undoubtedly times when it felt like it was going on forever. The pacing was difficult for me as well, which is perhaps why several readers lost up on this book. The transition from one chapter to the next is choppy, and it seems to jump about a lot without ever truly settling. There were some scenes and lines that kept coming up.

We may not have actually needed this book, to be honest. Even if the ending was nice, I'm devastated since it seemed rushed. I think The Daughter of the Moon Goddess will be fine on its alone.

But please don't be deterred by that; what didn't work for me might be something you enjoy!


My ratings score:

★★★★★ Fantastic! Made me go through a lot of emotions & the entire book is incredibly beautifully done! 

★ Memorable! Despite its shortcomings, this book was incredible and taught us a lot. 

★ Good work! Nothing particularly remarkable, but still nice.

★ Meh... Mediocre with great room for improvement.

★ Extremely Poor.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments