Twice Shy by Sarah Hogle

By Lean and Love �� - November 08, 2022

 


Tittle           Twice Shy

Author        Sarah Hogle

Pub Date    : April 06, 2021

Pages          302

My Rating   ★★★


The Summary

Maybell Parish has always been a romantic at heart and a dreamer. But avoiding the disappointments of real life has long been preferable than live in her own fantasy world. So Maybell seizes the chance to start again when her Great-Aunt Violet leaves her a gorgeous home in the Smokies.

However, it appears that her problems have only just began when she arrives. She must share everything with Wesley Koehler, the groundskeeper who is as grumpy as he is attractive, and it turns out that he has a totally different vision for the future of the property. Not only is the mansion falling apart around her, but she isn't the only inheritor.

It will be more difficult to persuade the reclusive Wesley to compromise and quit avoiding her than it will be to fulfill the other dying desires. Great-Aunt Violet was abandoned. But when the two gradually begin to let their guard down and Maybell finds something unexpectedly sweet beneath Wesley's scowls, they may discover that sometimes taking the smallest risks outside of one's comfort zone can have the biggest payoffs.

My Review

It was very challenging to finish this book! Simply put, this book is too lovely to pass up. Although I admire the tale You Deserve Each Other, I think this one to be superior.

I felt understood by the wonderful anxiety representation as well. I was very happy to find this on the page because I frequently get social anxiety. Maybell and Wesley, who were daydreamers and suffered from social anxiety, respectively, struck a chord with us.

Interacting with the characters was a lot of fun. It was so easy for me to identify with them. I enjoyed reading about Maybell. Maybell was absolutely kind, friendly, and generous. She only wanted to be noticed, loved, and respected. While Wesley has a sweet teddy bear hidden beneath his tough exterior. The most romantic thing I've ever read was watching as he gently let Maybell inside.

They were so gorgeous that I started crying. They both exhibited such a strong capacity for comprehension and empathy. These characters really do fit together like a glove. I had a lot of support for them.

Her writing has a compelling charm to it. It is successful in causing you to exhale, laugh out loud, and flutter in your backside. The language was so humorous and enjoyable to read. The main character's uninhibited talking makes me giggle nonstop. The humor juggles being absurdly funny and being clearly relatable.

Throughout the entire book, I felt the most great. The praise I have for this book just seems insufficient!

If you like romantic comedies that make you swoon, Twice Shy is the book for you.


My ratings score:

★★★★★ Fantastic! Made me go through a lot of emotions & the entire book is incredibly beautifully done! 

★ Memorable! Despite its shortcomings, this book was incredible and taught us a lot. 

★ Good work! Nothing particularly remarkable, but still nice.

★ Meh... Mediocre with great room for improvement.

★ Extremely Poor.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments