The Island Expats (#5 Andy's Bar) by Deb McEwan

By Lean and Love �� - November 24, 2022

 


Tittle           The Island Expats (#5 Andy's Bar)

Author        Deb McEwan

Pub Date    : May 23, 2022

Pages          150

My Rating   


The Summary

In When a middle-aged man's body is found close to the location of an illegal rave, Matt is charged with conducting the investigation since something doesn't seem right.

The search for the murderer includes three troublemaking youngsters. Will someone ever regain their memory and what exactly triggered their amnesia?

Will Matt be able to forgive Elena after she makes a mistake while ostensibly assisting him, or will it endanger their future?

My Review

I didn't expect to like this book as much as I do. The Greek island of Souvia serves as the setting for the fifth novel in the series. As a first-time reader of this series, it is amazing that even if it is a solo novel, I can understand the required background with only a few phrases in between.

I really like how realistic the characters are, especially the main ones who stick around from one book to the next. I found the plot to be more engrossing and interesting because there were so many unexpected turns in it.

With action-packed sequences set side by side on the pages, the story itself is wonderfully written and captivating. Even though Andy's Bar is less of a drama, it still reads rapidly.

It's the ideal quick read for a trip or even to pass the time at home.

I was sent a free copy of this book through BookSirens. My review is voluntary, and these are my personal views.


My ratings score:

★★★★★ Fantastic! Made me go through a lot of emotions & the entire book is incredibly beautifully done! 

★ Memorable! Despite its shortcomings, this book was incredible and taught us a lot. 

★ Good work! Nothing particularly remarkable, but still nice.

★ Meh... Mediocre with great room for improvement.

★ Extremely Poor.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments