The Last Encore by Elodie Colliard

By Lean and Love �� - November 05, 2022

 


Tittle           The Last Encore

Author        Elodie Colliard

Pub Date    : November 01, 2022

Pages          366

My Rating   


The Summary

Take a break, Avery Clark. She needs something to go her way because her photography business isn't working as well as she'd anticipated and because of the constant family drama that doesn't help her anxiety levels from rising.

And that was even before Joshua Harding, her former best friend and a gifted pianist who abruptly dumped her 10 years ago while breaking the only promise he had made not to, ran into her at a Toronto event.

Avery resolves to set her misgivings and animosity aside when the chance to expand her business presents itself, and she accepts the assignment to shoot Josh's sister's forthcoming wedding.

Avery comes to the conclusion that perhaps the spark she had 10 years ago wasn't simply a transitory teenage phase as they spend more and more time together, rediscovering each other and the individuals they've become.

But the past is never far away, and the future is terrible when it is unknowable. Would Avery be willing to make that risk?

My Review

I'm still surprised that this is the author's first book.

This was such a sweet and charming story about love, friendship, and second chances. I liked that the proper trigger warning was there, and it was handled gently.

The characters were portrayed in such a brilliant way, had so much depth, were likeable, developed, and had chemistry.

Avery, our MC Although she occasionally had anxiety, her biggest problem was that she was adamant about leading the life she wanted and would not permit anything to get in the way of her objectives.

The bond between Josh and Avery was lovely and real. The entire novel, I wanted Avery and Josh to thrive. The direction their romance took was rocky, lovely, delightful, and yummy. The slow burn was deliciously hot.

As I've already mentioned, I believe the author does a fantastic job at capturing mental health. It's very genuine and accurate while still being polite. The author accurately portrays these mental illnesses. How it can completely engulf and remove a person.

There are a few issues, but I think you can still understand this amazing debut despite them.

I thank the chance to obtain an ARC from NetGalley and Victory Editing Co-op in exchange for a honestly review.


My ratings score:

★★★★★ Fantastic! Made me go through a lot of emotions & the entire book is incredibly beautifully done! 

★ Memorable! Despite its shortcomings, this book was incredible and taught us a lot. 

★ Good work! Nothing particularly remarkable, but still nice.

★ Meh... Mediocre with great room for improvement.

★ Extremely Poor.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I also love this book so much! I love Avery in every way, she really deserve the world! I also love the relationship between Avery and Josh, but I wish that they didn't reconcile too fast at the beginning, I want Josh knew his mistake! And I love Avery's brother! He is one of the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you just reading my mind? Lol I agree with everything you said :D

      Delete