Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

By Lean and Love �� - September 07, 2022

 


Tittle           Ugly Love

Author        Colleen Hoover

Pub Date    : August 05, 2014

Pages          337

My Rating   


The Summary

Tate Collins doesn't believe she fell in love with airline pilot Miles Archer at first sight. Even if they were to consider themselves pals, they wouldn't. There is no denying that Tate and Miles are attracted to one another. They realize they have the ideal situation once their desires are made clear. The only option left is sex because he doesn't want love and she doesn't have time for love. If Tate can follow the two guidelines Miles has for her, their arrangement might be surprisingly easy.

Do not inquire about the past.

Don't count on the future.

They believe they can handle it, but quickly come to the realization that they cannot.

Hearts are compromised.

There are broken promises.

Rules are broken.

When love is ugly.

My Review

I hate to tell it, but I didn't care for this at all. I am deeply sorry if this offended anyone who appreciates the book because I am aware that this is a very unpopular opinion.

I'm unsure of where to start. The storyline was awkward, monotonous, and occasionally hazy. Was Tate intended to be the lead role? Miles appeared to be the one for whom it was intended to be, whereas Tate was more of a love interest from whom we chance to hear intimate thoughts.

Let's not talk about the sex between Miles and Tate. I don't mind the scene at all, but the way it's written gives the impression that sex is the only method for both sides to effectively communicate.

I didn't really sense Tate and Miles' emotional bond, as much as I would have loved to.

Because there wasn't enough reward, I was unable to care about this couple or believe that everything they endured was worthwhile (despite forcing myself to read about them).

I'm aware that the book Ugly Love depicts the actual, ugly side of love. It didn't do a fantastic job at getting its point over, in all honesty, but I wish it had more character nuance and development.

Anyone should remember that the only way to end a toxic relationship is to begin with the will to let go and accept the situation as it is. Because love is a sensation, you won't be able to use logic effectively if it concerns feelings. You must therefore possess a strong sense of self-respect.


My ratings score:

★★★★★ Fantastic! Made me go through a lot of emotions & the entire book is incredibly beautifully done! 

★ Memorable! Despite its shortcomings, this book was incredible and taught us a lot. 

★ Good work! Nothing particularly remarkable, but still nice.

★ Meh... Mediocre with great room for improvement.

★ Extremely Poor.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments