The Unbalance Equation by H.L. Macfarlane

By Lean and Love �� - September 16, 2022

 


Tittle           The Unbalanced Equation

Author        H.L. Macfarlane

Pub Date    : September 15, 2022

Pages          352

My Rating   


The Summary

Elizabeth Maclean is finally liberated from Dr. Thomas Henderson's tyranny as she begins her postdoc after enduring four years of scrutiny from her PhD assessor. However, Tom finds himself working in Liz's lab after a fire breaks out in Tom's (dull undergrads') lab.

No less than on the same bench.

for a whole three months.

To make matters worse, and much to their surprise, Tom's mother and Liz's father announce their engagement and planned marriage. The prompt eviction request from Liz's landlord pushes her over the edge. The last person Liz anticipates to offer her a temporary home is Tom himself when she is desperate for a place to stay and in need of a savior.

Will Liz realize that Tom's attitude throughout the last four years was all a facade to conceal his actual sentiments now that they are forced to coexist, work together, live together, and arrange their parents' wedding for Christmas together? Or are the two destined to fail in their attempt at coexistence?

My Review

This book is quite simple to read, yet it contains a funny scene.

The first few chapters truly held my attention, but then they both discover that their parents are getting married.

The only negative aspect of this book for me is that I find both the male and female major characters to be quite obnoxious, especially Tom. He may be 38 years old, but he acts much younger. He is very cunning, enjoys invading her private, and always acts creepy in my opinion.

Liz is the same. She is aware that what she is doing with Tom is improper, but she is determined to maintain their relationship despite Tom's apparent obsession with her. She is, I must add, a character that is easily influenced and lacks a firm opinion.

Although I occasionally found their interaction to be endearing, there were many large red flags that I felt would be troubling in real life, and I don't think that kind of relationship is healthy.

Overall, I really like the plot, setting, and various side characters in this book. It's also an entertaining read. I would really appreciate this narrative if the two main characters could act more in line with their ages and if there wasn't a scene where both of their parents were married.

I am grateful to Netgalley and BooksGoSocial for providing an ARC in exchange for a honest review.


My ratings score:

★★★★★ Fantastic! Made me go through a lot of emotions & the entire book is incredibly beautifully done! 

★ Memorable! Despite its shortcomings, this book was incredible and taught us a lot. 

★ Good work! Nothing particularly remarkable, but still nice.

★ Meh... Mediocre with great room for improvement.

★ Extremely Poor.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments