Strictly Business by Kallista Kohl

By Lean and Love �� - September 02, 2022

 


Tittle           Strictly Business

Author        Kallista Kohl

Pub Date    : July 27, 2022

Pages          315

My Rating   ★★★★


The Summary

Izabelle Green has been working to restore what her ex-boyfriend stole from her for five years. She had to focus on her presentation because it will be the largest of her life. Even if Jake, a fellow workaholic with big shoulders and beautiful eyes whom she met under the most unlikely of circumstances, serves as that diversion. However, she is a one-woman CEO who needs assistance with just two weeks till her pitch, and something about Jake's deliciously awkward charm makes her question if some laws are intended to be broken.

Both Jake and Izabelle struggle against the impulse to blend their personal and professional lives as their fortuitous encounter at a posh Sedona resort intensifies. However, the temptation grows stronger as they become friends and share experiences of loss and having little to no free time. How can they possibly do business as usual when both their hearts and their businesses are at stake?

My Review

Sincerely, I enjoyed this story a lot, and I kept reading the entire thing.

The idea is sound, and I not only adored the narrative, the characters, and their interactions (the friends are all wonderful!), but I also found it admirable how they just so happened to cross paths.

Izabelle's apparent ease in trusting the new guy she just met without raising suspicions bothers me, but I'm delighted Jake is such a gentleman.

I sincerely believe that some of the tangential elements can be removed as we have already heard enough of the story's primary plot.

This was still a charming narrative in spite of everything. It was a quick and simple read. I can see this turning into a fantastic series featuring powerful, self-reliant fullbacks. The friendship amongst the contestants on Strictly Business was my favorite element of the show.

I gave this review voluntarily despite getting an advance copy for free from Booksirens.


My ratings score:

★★★★★ Fantastic! Made me go through a lot of emotions & the entire book is incredibly beautifully done! 

★ Memorable! Despite its shortcomings, this book was incredible and taught us a lot. 

★ Good work! Nothing particularly remarkable, but still nice.

★ Meh... Mediocre with great room for improvement.

★ Extremely Poor.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments