The Hating Game by Sally Thorne

By Lean and Love �� - September 03, 2022

 


Tittle           The Hating Game

Author        Sally Thorne

Pub Date    : August 09, 2016

Pages          365

My Rating   ★★


The Summary

Joshua Templeman and Lucy Hutton are hostile to one another. not aversion. not reluctantly put up with. Hate. And since they are executive assistants to the co-CEOs of a publishing company, they have no issue acting out their emotions through a sequence of ritualistic passive hostile gestures while they sit next to one another. Lucy finds it difficult to comprehend Joshua's dreary, rigid, and exacting approach to his work. Joshua is obviously perplexed by Lucy's eccentric behavior, excessively bright attire, and upbeat outlook.

They are now competing for the same position, and Lucy is refusing to give in even though their latest game could lose her her dream job. However, the conflict between Lucy and Joshua has also intensified, and Lucy is starting to realize that she might not actually despise Joshua. Perhaps he doesn't despise her either. Or perhaps this is just a game.

My Review

Sincerity be damned, I read this book because of the buzz and didn't particularly like it.

It wasn't remarkable, but it was nonetheless enjoyable. In particular, I think Josh and Lucy are terribly immature. I believed I was interacting with an annoying preteen.

Between the beginning and the end, it felt like I was reading the same chapter or scene repeatedly, which was dull and a little boring.

Fortunately, I still thought it was fantastic how they subtly transitioned from being rivals to lovers.

I wasn't sure if I liked or disliked the book overall. Although I'm definitely not the intended audience, it was fine enough.


My ratings score:

★★★★★ Fantastic! Made me go through a lot of emotions & the entire book is incredibly beautifully done! 

★ Memorable! Despite its shortcomings, this book was incredible and taught us a lot. 

★ Good work! Nothing particularly remarkable, but still nice.

★ Meh... Mediocre with great room for improvement.

★ Extremely Poor.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments