Close Your Eyes: A Fairytale by Chris Tomasini

By Lean and Love �� - August 17, 2022



 

Tittle           Close Your Eyes: A Fairytale

Author        Chris Tomasini

Pub Date    : May , 2022

Pages          256

My Rating   ★★


The Summary

Close Your Eyes is a serious, yet frivolous and passionate, homage to love that takes place in early 1400s Europe. Samuel, the court jester, discovers that love was the driving force behind everything that occurred in the castle as he tries to explain why his companions Agnieszka the cook and Tycho the storyteller left the King of Gora's service. The ghost of Jeanne d'Arc plagued Tycho's companion and once climbed into bed with him, daring him to leave to travel the icy roads of Europe, where he had previously roamed orphaned and alone and discover his destiny there. He also finds that more ghosts than he knew of strolled the midnight hallways.

My Review

Sincerely, I didn't anticipate anything, but wow, it's so delightful. The writing is excellent in and of itself. Although it is historical fiction, we frequently associate that genre with tension, seriousness, and weight. This novel, however, merely seems to draw you in with its own kind of enchantment and imagination.

At first, I'm a little confused about the plot and characters, but then I learn that the book's arrangement is extremely different from the usual books I read, which is a really smart move in my opinion. As if you were reading each character's diary, yet with connections between them, it kept our attention as readers.

I really like this book, and to be really honest, I was searching for a book that combined a light historical element with a fantasy and magical feel while yet teaching us a valuable lesson at the end. This novel satiated my hunger to the fullest.


My ratings score:

★★★★★ Fantastic! Made me go through a lot of emotions & the entire book is incredibly beautifully done! 

★ Memorable! Despite its shortcomings, this book was incredible and taught us a lot. 

★ Good work! Nothing particularly remarkable, but still nice.

★ Meh... Mediocre with great room for improvement.

★ Extremely Poor.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi!!!! I'm Chris Tomasini :) Thank you so so (so so!) much for this review - I'm very sincerely thrilled that you liked the book! And it means a lot to me that you took the time to do a write-up of the book here on your website - thank you so much. Be well and best wishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! It's really a great book, hopefully I can hear more book from you in the future - Best wishes! ;)

      Delete