A Show for Two by Tashie Bhuiyan

By Lean and Love �� - August 10, 2022



 

Tittle           A Show for Two

Author        Tashie Bhuiyan

Pub Date    : May 10, 2022

Pages          416

My Rating   ★★


The Summary

All Mina Rahman wants is to enroll in her dream school, finally win the Golden Ivy student film competition, and finally leave New York City behind. Emmitt Ramos, an independent cinema star, offers to appear in her short film for the competition if she serves as his tour guide while he attends her high school under a false name to prepare for his next job.

The city Mina grew up in begins to seem more like home than it ever has as she travels through the five boroughs with Emmitt. When Mina's once-impenetrable dreams start to fall apart, she is forced to reflect on whether winning is really worth losing all.

My Review

I like this book more than I expected to, lol.

After seeing Mina's interaction with her siblings, I thought the book was incredibly interesting at first. Although I have to read it several times to completely grasp because the writing style is too gen Z for me.

I adore how diverse the tale is, and I really adore how Mina's battle with depression, poisonous family dynamics, and her estranged roots and religion are described. I can fully relate to Mina in this way, especially if you were raised abroad. You sort of struggle with your identity.

I absolutely enjoy this book, however I must admit that the development, as well as the characters and their primary tale, still need to be improved. Because, in all honesty, some of them require more polish and some are overly extravagant.

Overall, this novel is still amusing and enjoyable for a young adult/contemporary romance.


My ratings score:

★★★★★ Fantastic! Made me go through a lot of emotions & the entire book is incredibly beautifully done! 

★ Memorable! Despite its shortcomings, this book was incredible and taught us a lot. 

★ Good work! Nothing particularly remarkable, but still nice.

★ Meh... Mediocre with great room for improvement.

★ Extremely Poor.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments