It Ends With Us by Collen Hoover

By Lean and Love �� - August 26, 2022

 


Tittle           It Ends With Us

Author        Collen Hoover

Pub Date    : August 02, 2016

Pages          385

My Rating   ★★


The Summary

Even though Lily hasn't always had it easy, she's never let that stop her from striving to live the life she desires. She graduated from college, relocated to Boston, and established her own business. She has come a long way from the little town where she was raised. And when Lily starts to develop feelings for a handsome neurosurgeon named Ryle Kincaid, everything in her life starts to appear too perfect to be true.

Ryle is aggressive, obstinate, and perhaps a little conceited. He is also intelligent, sensitive, and completely infatuated with Lily. And it surely doesn't hurt that he looks good in scrubs. Lily is unable to shake him from her mind. But Ryle's utter distaste for partnerships is unsettling. Lily can't help but wonder what made him that way in the first place, even as she finds herself breaking his "no dating" rule.

Atlas Corrigan, her first love and a reminder of the past she left behind, comes to mind as she is overwhelmed with questions about her new connection. He served as both her ally and defender. Everything Ryle and Lily have created together is under danger when Atlas arrives out of nowhere.

My Review

Although painful, the story is masterfully written.

Plot, characters, and pace are all as authentically emotional and genuine as possible. Personally, I've never thought of this novel as a romance or as anything to be praised.

The one thing about the book that I enjoy is how it allows us to see the inner workings of domestic abuse and the processes that the characters have gone through. Fortunately, the ending is what I wish for.

Overall, despite my best efforts, I have to admit that this book is not one of my favorites. While it was good, it was it. I still find the emotion to be quite powerful, and I like it just the way it was.


My ratings score:

★★★★★ Fantastic! Made me go through a lot of emotions & the entire book is incredibly beautifully done! 

★ Memorable! Despite its shortcomings, this book was incredible and taught us a lot. 

★ Good work! Nothing particularly remarkable, but still nice.

★ Meh... Mediocre with great room for improvement.

★ Extremely Poor.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments