At Rest in My Father's House by William Joliff

By Lean and Love �� - August 17, 2022

 


Tittle           : At Rest in My Father's House

Author        William Joliff

Pub Date    : July 26, 2022

Pages          89

My Rating   ★★


The Summary

The most recent book of poems by William Jolliff is an ode to a way of life that is no longer. Rural Ohio's family farms and the communities they built and supported died with the arrival of industrial agriculture. Likewise, the majority of the children, men, and women who performed the labor have moved on. At Rest in My Father's House is an amalgamation of family fictions, true occurrences, and altered memories, following in the tradition of wise old farmers who would never let the basic facts stand in the way of a complicated story. Each poem provides readers with a personal journey across the flyover country's bottomlands. Together, they document an unique sensibility and a manner of relating to a place that is well worth remembering even though it is disregarded by the larger culture.

My Review

There's no denying that this poetry is lovely. and I appreciate it when a book includes both poetry and excellent short tales so that we can understand the material better. The emotional message is strong, and I could see the living animals on a farm. I think everyone should read this collection of poems since it was good.


My ratings score:

★★★★★ Fantastic! Made me go through a lot of emotions & the entire book is incredibly beautifully done! 

★ Memorable! Despite its shortcomings, this book was incredible and taught us a lot. 

★ Good work! Nothing particularly remarkable, but still nice.

★ Meh... Mediocre with great room for improvement.

★ Extremely Poor.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments