My Mechanical Romance by Alexene Farol Follmuth

By Lean and Love �� - August 06, 2022

 


Tittle           My Mechanical Romance

Author        Alexene Farol Follmuth

Pub Date    : May 31, 2022

Pages          272

My Rating   ★★


The Summary

Bel is coerced into joining the robotics club after she unintentionally exhibits a talent for engineering at school.

Here comes Mateo Luna, who appears ideal on paper. He is the football team and robotics club captain, and he sees potential in Bel despite their extreme differences. And as the hours of after-school work lengthen, Bel and Teo come to the realization that they have created more than just a combat-ready robot for the competition and they have also established a bond.

However, as graduation draws near, their differences and what they hope for the future endanger what they have created together.

Will they be able to make it through Nationals without wrecking their robots or hearts?

My Review

Sincerely, it reminds me of High School Musical, where you accidentally discover your hidden talent, are forced to join a club and compete in a national competition, meet a boy, but he's not the same boy who belongs to the club, and collaborate after school until they realize this is a matter of faith. Of course, the main story is very different.

I really enjoyed this book and could identify to everything, with the exception of the story of the boy and his dovey love. I concur with the majority of other reviewers who point out how well the author represents a woman in a profession that is largely male-dominated just because there are one or two women in a field doesn't indicate that everyone will get along right immediately.

If you enjoy reading books in this genre and like to learn new things from the books you read, I highly recommend giving this contemporary romance a try even though it has certain flaws that I don't believe are significant enough for me to discuss.


My ratings score:

★★★★★ Fantastic! Made me go through a lot of emotions & the entire book is incredibly beautifully done! 

★ Memorable! Despite its shortcomings, this book was incredible and taught us a lot. 

★ Good work! Nothing particularly remarkable, but still nice.

★ Meh... Mediocre with great room for improvement.

★ Extremely Poor.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments