The Accidental Text by Becky Monson

By Lean and Love �� - August 04, 2022

 


Tittle           The Accidental Text

Author        Becky Monson

Pub Date    : January 06, 2021

Pages          331

My Rating   ★★


The Summary

Maggie Cooper was formerly an adventure-loving person. Jumping from airplanes was simple. Now she lacks the courage to even approach a colleague about a date. She starts texting her recently departed mother's phone as a form of self-therapy. The only issue is that the number has been transferred, and for weeks she has been unintentionally texting a stranger her most private thoughts and feelings. There have also been some less profound texts, such as those in which she expressed her admiration for the butt of a coworker.

Maggie is beyond embarrassed when the unaware stranger who has more in common with her than he'd want to admit, Chase Beckett, texts her back. But as the messages and nights go by, Maggie comes to see that Chase's wit, charm, and guidance are just what the doctor prescribed. However, will it be sufficient to raise her back to the clouds? Her heart, what about it? Can she take a chance on the man receiving her unintentional texts in exchange for a leap of faith?

My Review

Another unexpected novel that wasn't, in fact. Although it still has some funny and cute moments, this novel is truly sad, heartbreaking, and heartwarming, contrary to what I had anticipated.

The writing is actually very appropriate and the language is very suited for today's times, so for me it's a passable despite the fact that I really don't like the writing style. Instead, I try to think from the tale and the author's direction going.

What prompts me to offer a 5 instead of a 4 is my appreciation for how, although being fiction, this story is more true to life than I had originally thought. I can't entirely blame the story if it initially seems too slow since when we lose someone (it doesn't have to be about death), a part of us is lost and it seems like our vitality has been sucked up.

You guys don't need to fear because this novel has a growing cast of characters. Development is carried out in a friendly manner. If a Christmas-themed movie based on this story were to be made, I could completely picture it.

That kind of love, which appears so simple yet is difficult to achieve, is when we meet someone when we are at our lowest points but still choose to be together and decide to help one other improve.

I wholeheartedly recommend this if you enjoy a touching tale of hope and fulfillment, and I sincerely hope it works for you as well.


My ratings score:

★★★★★ Fantastic! Made me go through a lot of emotions & the entire book is incredibly beautifully done! 

★ Memorable! Despite its shortcomings, this book was incredible and taught us a lot. 

★ Good work! Nothing particularly remarkable, but still nice.

★ Meh... Mediocre with great room for improvement.

★ Extremely Poor.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments