The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

By Lean and Love �� - August 02, 2022



 

Tittle           The Night Circus

Author        Erin Morgenstern

Pub Date    : September 13, 2011

Pages          387

My Rating   ★★


The Summary

The circus shows up out of the blue. There are no prior announcements. Simply said, it is there now where it wasn't yesterday. The canvas tents with the black-and-white stripes inside offer a completely unique experience filled with stunning wonders. Le Cirque des Rêves is its name, and it only operates at night.

Behind the scenes, however, a furious contest is taking place between Celia and Marco, two young magicians who have been raised and schooled by their erratic teachers specifically for this purpose. They both had no idea that this was a game where only one could survive. Despite the risks, Celia and Marco quickly fall in love, sparking a chain reaction of perilous consequences and putting everyone's lives from the performers to the audience in jeopardy.

My Review

This novel has a really interesting plot with some mystical elements. I must admit that I was initially quite enthusiastic. But the first chapter read slowly, and I was completely right after that. The story and the dialogue are both a bit flat and lifeless.

Even the character development falls short of what I was hoping for. I start to wonder, "What are they doing?" and "Are they supposed to do this or that?" Or maybe it's because I had too high of expectations for this novel.

To be really honest, what I enjoy most about this book is how masterfully the author weaves enchantment and magic into each and every syllable, causing us to wonder what we would do if we were actually there and envision how it would feel.

Unfortunately, the development has very much ruined my life. If you try not to be really absorbed while reading, it was a passable book, but I still wish it had been as good as the summary.


My ratings score:

★★★★★ Fantastic! Made me go through a lot of emotions & the entire book is incredibly beautifully done! 

★ Memorable! Despite its shortcomings, this book was incredible and taught us a lot. 

★ Good work! Nothing particularly remarkable, but still nice.

★ Meh... Mediocre with great room for improvement.

★ Extremely Poor.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments