Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

By Lean and Love �� - August 03, 2022

 


Tittle           Little Women

Author        Louisa May Alcott

Pub Date    : Originally Published 1868

Pages          449

My Rating   


The Summary

Originally released in two volumes in 1868 and 1869, Little Women is a book by American novelist Louisa May Alcott (1832-1888). In response to her publisher's request, Alcott pounded out the novels quickly over a period of months. The story, which is largely based on the author and her three sisters, chronicles the lives of four sisters—Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy March as they grow from girls to women.

Despite being a book for girls, Little Women stood out from the prevailing canon of children's literature, especially for girls. The book focused on three main themes "domesticity, work, and true love" all of which are interconnected and essential to the realization of its heroine's unique personality.

My Review

Even though I'm an adult, I still adore the book, just as I did when I first saw it at the age of 15 in my father's library room. This very amazing work of art has made me appreciate the value of family, especially in this time and age.

Since I'm the only girl in my family, I think their sisterhood bond is so endearing that I wish I had one myself. This book teaches us not just about family but also about values such as forgiveness, hard effort, standing up for what you believe in, gratitude, patience, and so forth.

Every piece I read made me wonder, Will I make it through the war years? Many people today have forgotten the ways of the past due to how much better our lives are now, which is understandable given that we must adapt to the times. However, how many of us complain frequently and place blame instead of showing gratitude and moving forward in an effort to improve ourselves?

Due to the fact that it is based on the author's early life, this book truly has a profound message and wonderful story-telling. The more you read, the more you will become engrossed in a delightful way, even though it may start out slowly.

It has been demonstrated that this timeless classic book has been handed down from generation to generation. I advise reading it while savoring a cookie to get into the holiday spirit :)


My ratings score:

★★★★★ Fantastic! Made me go through a lot of emotions & the entire book is incredibly beautifully done! 

★ Memorable! Despite its shortcomings, this book was incredible and taught us a lot. 

★ Good work! Nothing particularly remarkable, but still nice.

★ Meh... Mediocre with great room for improvement.

★ Extremely Poor.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments