Beach Read by Emily Henry

By Lean and Love �� - August 04, 2022

 


Tittle           Beach Read

Author        Emily Henry

Pub Date    : May 19, 2020

Pages          361

My Rating   ★★


The Summary

A well-known writer of literary fiction, Augustus Everett. Bestseller romances are written by January Andrews. He eliminates every member of his cast when she writes a happily ever after.

They are diametrically opposed.

They actually have nothing in common other than the fact that they will both be residing in nearby beach cottages for the next three months, being broke, and suffering from writer's block.

They eventually come to an agreement to break out of their creative ruts: January will write the next Great American Novel, while Augustus will spend the summer penning something upbeat. This happens one foggy evening. He'll take her to interview surviving members of a remote death cult, and she'll take him on field trips fit for any rom-com montage (obviously). All readers will complete books, but no one will find true love.

My Review

Okay, it turns out that my choice to read Beach Read last was a great one! I at last understood the riding buzz that everyone talks about. If you remember from earlier, I didn't really enjoy the previous two books because I didn't find them interesting. However, this book has changed everything.

First off, I thought the MC's names, January and Augustus, were such an adorable match! How did you even come up with that? These two seem to be a match made in heaven.

I'll be honest, I figured this would be another leisurely summer read, but I was mistaken. Both MCs have intricate backgrounds that are dark. Despite this, I admire that there are developed personalities.

As I already mentioned, the trigger warnings include child abuse, alcoholism, death, etc. so be ready for it.

Overall, the story is still heartwarming, and everything about it is perfect. The plot isn't too slow or disjointed. Please give it a shot if you're seeking for a light summer read with an emotional theme you can relate to.


My ratings score:

★★★★★ Fantastic! Made me go through a lot of emotions & the entire book is incredibly beautifully done! 

★ Memorable! Despite its shortcomings, this book was incredible and taught us a lot. 

★ Good work! Nothing particularly remarkable, but still nice.

★ Meh... Mediocre with great room for improvement.

★ Extremely Poor.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments