Some Girls Do by Jennifer Dugan

By Lean and Love �� - August 24, 2022

 


Tittle           Some Girls Do

Author        Jennifer Dugan

Pub Date    : May 18, 2021

Pages          336

My Rating   ★★


The Summary

Elite track sprinter Morgan is forced to change high schools late in her senior year after learning that being LGBT is against the code of conduct at her private Catholic school. She meets Ruby there, who enjoys tinkering with her baby blue 1970 Ford Torino and taking part in regional beauty pageants to fulfill her controlling mother's fantasies. The two are attracted to one another and are unable to suppress their increasing sentiments. Ruby isn't ready to come out just yet, whereas Morgan out and proud and keen to have a fresh start. Doesn't want to have to keep their developing relationship a secret. Can they persevere as a group, each girl on a separate route to live her truth?

My Review

I have to admit that I don't really like the book sufficiently.

The story has a sweet scene at the beginning, which I appreciate, but it swiftly goes downhill and starts to annoy me. I was bothered by a lot of things.

Although I don't particularly enjoy the writing, I decided to overlook it because I reasoned that possibly this book reflects modern society. The two main characters, Ruby and Morgan, have a relationship that is too forced for me, and I don't enjoy at all those love-at-first-sight things, but I decided to keep reading in the vain hope that they might.

Because there are so many incomplete side stories and there are only a few pages of the tale provided, the development also has to be much improved.

It has a lot of potential, without a doubt, but sadly the plot I received left me unsatisfied, and in my opinion, this book doesn't adequately reflect the LGBT community.

If you ask me if I would suggest it, I might not, but if you want to give it a shot, go ahead. This book is definitely not for me.


My ratings score:

★★★★★ Fantastic! Made me go through a lot of emotions & the entire book is incredibly beautifully done! 

★ Memorable! Despite its shortcomings, this book was incredible and taught us a lot. 

★ Good work! Nothing particularly remarkable, but still nice.

★ Meh... Mediocre with great room for improvement.

★ Extremely Poor.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments